Appropriate, elegant & professional
Designing a logo that suits your business is one of the most important things you can do. But what makes a logo suitable?
- It is simple: it should be almost instantaneous to recognise the company name. Complicated graphics or fonts can get in the way of recognition, which is what a logo is primarily for. Clever does not always mean effective.
- It is memorable: this follows on from simplicity. The Apple logo is an apple. It doesn’t get much simpler than that, but it creates an iconic link between the business name and its graphical representation.
- It is unique: your logo must distinguish your business from the others instantly. You may be one of a great number of companies that sell cars, which is why your logo must stand out from the pack.
- It should represent the business: this might seem obvious, but a great logo often represents both what the company does and how it does it. For instance the Nike logo conveys a sense of power and speed, so that can imagine that its products will do the same for you.
- It should be able to fit different formats: a company logo is often used on letterheads, websites, business cards, print ads, and multimedia. Will it work cross-platform?
Have a chat with us about refreshing or inventing your new logo!